- Age between 18 to 45 years.
- 12th Grade High School passed in English Medium, If not TOEFL/IELTS score is required.
- No police record or history of conviction by court of law.
- No serious medical disability or disease which could lead to Rejection on Medical Grounds or hamper with normal performance of Caregivers duties.
- No misrepresentation or suppression of facts at time of interview or subsequently.
- Agree to abide by Institute Rules and Regulations as explained.
- Agree to pay Institute fees and dues as per laid down Schedule of Payment.
- Students are required to take character certificate and present a police clearance from all cities they have worked within.
- Any applicant whose first language is not English must certify proficiency in English when applying to OCTI campus, and, if admitted, upon arrival.
- Such applicants must submit scores received on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS-General) as part of their application. The TOEFL is administered by the Educational Testing Service (ETS). IELTS is administered by local IELTS test centers throughout the world. Applicants should consult IELTS for the nearest test center.
- The TOEFL is administered by the Educational Testing Service (ETS).
- IELTS is administered by local IELTS test centers throughout the world. Applicants should consult IELTS for the nearest test center.
- The results of these tests help applicants determine whether they are prepared to undertake diploma study conducted in English before making career plans for study in Live-in Caregiver Program.
- Applicants who hold a bachelor’s or higher degree from a university located in the United States or in another country in which English is both the primary spoken language of daily life (e.g., Australia, Barbados, Canada, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, United Kingdom) and the medium of instruction, or who have completed at least two years of full-time study at such an institution, are exempted from both the TOEFL/IELTS requirement.
Minimum TOEFL & IELTS Scores
- A TOEFL score of at least 500 on the paper and pencil test or 200 on the computer based test is the minimum required for applicants to Diploma programs at OCTI.
- For the internet-based TOEFL (TOEFL iBT), the following are minimum passing scores for each section and the minimum total passing score:
- An IELTS overall band score of at least 5.5 is the minimum required.
Please note that TOEFL/IELTS scores are considered valid for only two years, and that if several scores are submitted; only the most recent is considered.