- The employer must obtain an Application Form to hire a Foreign Live-in Caregiver from HRSDC. This application is called LMO Application. Our Partner Company (Service Links Canada Inc.) can help to obtain the LMO from HRSDC.
- The employer must complete the application and submit it to the Human Resource Centre (HRSDC) serving the employer's area.
- The employer should attach any additional information that will assist HRSDC to assess the application. It includes an outline of the rationale for a caregiver to live in the home on a full-time basis and specific efforts that have been made to recruit a Canadian or a foreign worker already in Canada.
There is no fee to apply to HRSDC to assess an application for a foreign live-in caregiver.
Stages After Approval Of LMO Application For A Live-In Caregiver
- Stage 1:
- HRSDC sends a letter confirming the approval of the application to the employer.
- Stage 2:
- HRSDC sends notice of the approval to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) at the visa post where the caregiver will be applying for a work permit.
- Stage 3:
- CIC issues a work permit if the foreign caregiver is considered to be eligible for the program and meets all other Immigration requirements.
- The caregiver must obtain an Application for a Work Permit from CIC Visa Post overseas or Service Links Canada Inc.
- The caregiver must complete the application for work permit and submit it to Service Links Canada Inc.
- The caregiver must include the cost recovery fee.
- The caregiver must include any additional documents requested by the Service Links Canada Inc. A processing fee is payable when the application for work permit is submitted.